- Veronique and Jean-marie celebrating their 40th marriage anniversary
- New members
- Richard Saindon awarded the Andrée et Richard Levesque prize
- Suzanne Saindon sells some of her paintings
- Appointment of Guillaume Saindon
- New lifetime member
- From Richard Saindon en Facebook
- Maurice Saindon passed away
- New : a Facebook group for all Saindons !
- The Saindon song
- "Famille Saindon" on Wikipédia
- Saindon garage of Cacouna celebrate his 60th anniversary
- Miniature horse
- 2020 : Delegation of Bains-sur-Oust in Québec
- A new category of members
- Joseph Cindon passed away
- The Saindon's flag around the world.
- Origin of Michel Saindon : evidence by DNA
Pier-Luc Saindon, Montréal, Québec.
Suzanne Saindon sells some of her paintings
See annoucement on
Appointment of Guillaume Saindon
New lifetime member
Many thanks to Édith who is the 28th lifetime member of the Association.
From Richard Saindon en Facebook
A new publication
Maurice Saindon passed away
Constant collaborator of La Lignée by publishing exclusive Saindons crosswords.
See an article of Lignée to know more about him.
He was a member of a large family from L'Annonciation in the Laurentians region north of Montréal, all being members of the Association and attending regularly the activties.
New : a Facebook group for all Saindons !
- that bear the name SAINDON, descendants of male Saindons
- or those who have another name, but are descendants of female Saindons.
The Saindon song
"Famille Saindon" on Wikipédia
2020 : Delegation of Bains-sur-Oust in Québec
The invitation will be to the members of the Club but also to those you hosted the participants at the Unveiling.
We will welcome them heatily and emphasize the closeness tjat was developed at the Unveiling.
A new category of members
Since it is known now that Michel Saindon comes from Bains-sur-Oust, Brittany, Saindons descendants of the region are asking to become members of the Association A new category of members was decided, associate members. They have the same privileges as the other catgoiesy but cannot sit on the Board of Directors.
Joseph Cindon passed away
There will be a special tribute to him at the plaque unveiling in 2018.
The Saindon's flag around the world.
Origin of Michel Saindon : evidence by DNA
After more than 30 years of research, we have confirmed through DNA testing that Michel Saindon, baptized in Bains-sur-Oust in Brittany on 2 December 1715, is in fact the same person who emigrated to Acadia around 1735; the first ancestor of all Saindons in North America.
- A Comparison
The DNA profile of the Y chromosome in men of the same lineage is almost integrally transmitted from father to son.
It was therefore necessary to compare the DNA of a descendant of Michel Saindon in America with that of a descendant of Pierre, Michel’s brother, to confirm a common ancestor, their father, who had passed to them his unaltered chromosomes.
Initially we had to establish a solid base of comparison in America by collecting the DNA of three Saindons whose ancestry to Michel was certain. The genetic DNA markers of these persons was identical.
We then found a descendant of Pierre Saindon, brother of Michel, who agreed to submit to a test.
- The Results