Welcome to the ENGLISH site
- Photo : ancestral house of Michel Saindon at Bains-sur-Oust, Brittany
- Inscription to "Origine" register
- Michel Saindon at the Hamlet of Cacouna
- The site of the baptism of Michel Saindon at Bains-sur-Oust...a coïncidence
- Saint-Méen Chapel renovation
- 6th article on The 25 years of the Association
- An invitation to St-Dons, Sandons, Sindons and others...
- A new commemorative panel at the ancestral house in Cacouna
- Book - Saindon Family History and Genealogy
- Joining the Association allows you to...
Photo : ancestral house of Michel Saindon at Bains-sur-Oust, Brittany
Inscription to "Origine" register
This register managed by the Quebec Federation of Genealogy Societies and the French Genealogy Society keep up to date the list of the family origins of the pioneers of ancient Québec (1621-1865).
Saint-Méen Chapel renovation
We had the great pleasure of visiting the Chapel in 2018, during the unveiling of the commemorative plaque at Bains-sue-Oust, because the Genealogy Club of Oust and Vilaine Counties had organized there "Cousinades Saindon", a meeting of Saindons descendants of Bains. We were there.
6th article on The 25 years of the Association
- Michel Saindon pioneer of Cacouna
- The Gagnon Family
An invitation to St-Dons, Sandons, Sindons and others...
During research on the origins of SAINDONS, the Association has sometimes found that the spelling of the name had undergone changes over the years: the most frequent being St-Don, Sindon and Sandon among others. These changes are more frequent in the United States where many Saindons from Quebec emigrated towards the end of the 19th century.
A new commemorative panel at the ancestral house in Cacouna
A new commemorative panel has been installed recently at the ancestral house of Michel Saindon in Cacouna*. It indicates that
Michel was baptized on December 2, 1715, at Bains-sur-Oust, Brittany.
Thereby, it shows the real year of birth of the ancestor. Formerly, it was believed that he was born in 1717 as indicated on a first plaque installed in 1995.
In 2018, a commmemorative panel was installed at Bains-sur-Oust in Brittany desscribing the life of Michel in North America after he left Brittany.
* Paid by a special fund raising campaign of members last Spring.
Book - Saindon Family History and Genealogy
Joining the Association allows you to...
- meet and share, with other Saindons from here and elsewhere,
- keep in touch via the Saindon's newsletter, website and Facebook page.
- participate in activities: annual meetings in various regions of Quebec province, Grand gatherings and participation in the "Congrès mondial acadien".
Joining the Association, is to become part of a family proud of its origins, its ancestors and its descendants.
Members only site
To reach the members only section
There is more than 110 members in the Association.
a private non profit organisation which mission is to
Join the Facebook group of the Association