Welcome to the ENGLISH site
- New : the site of the baptism of Michel Saindon...a coïncidence
- Saint-Méen Chapel renovation
- 6th article on The 25 years of the Association
- An invitation to St-Dons, Sandons, Sindons and others...
- A new commemorative panel at the ancestral house in Cacouna
- Book - Saindon Family History and Genealogy
- Joining the Association allows you to...
Saint-Méen Chapel renovation
We had the great pleasure of visiting the Chapel in 2018, during the unveiling of the commemorative plaque at Bains-sue-Oust, because the Genealogy Club of Oust and Vilaine Counties had organized there "Cousinades Saindon", a meeting of Saindons descendants of Bains. We were there.
6th article on The 25 years of the Association
- Michel Saindon pioneer of Cacouna
- The Gagnon Family
An invitation to St-Dons, Sandons, Sindons and others...
During research on the origins of SAINDONS, the Association has sometimes found that the spelling of the name had undergone changes over the years: the most frequent being St-Don, Sindon and Sandon among others. These changes are more frequent in the United States where many Saindons from Quebec emigrated towards the end of the 19th century.
A new commemorative panel at the ancestral house in Cacouna
A new commemorative panel has been installed recently at the ancestral house of Michel Saindon in Cacouna*. It indicates that
Michel was baptized on December 2, 1715, at Bains-sur-Oust, Brittany.
Thereby, it shows the real year of birth of the ancestor. Formerly, it was believed that he was born in 1717 as indicated on a first plaque installed in 1995.
In 2018, a commmemorative panel was installed at Bains-sur-Oust in Brittany desscribing the life of Michel in North America after he left Brittany.
* Paid by a special fund raising campaign of members last Spring.
Book - Saindon Family History and Genealogy
Joining the Association allows you to...
- meet and share, with other Saindons from here and elsewhere,
- keep in touch via the Saindon's newsletter, website and Facebook page.
- participate in activities: annual meetings in various regions of Quebec province, Grand gatherings and participation in the "Congrès mondial acadien".
Joining the Association, is to become part of a family proud of its origins, its ancestors and its descendants.
There is more than 110 members in the Association.
a private non profit organisation which mission is to
Join the Facebook group of the Association